Last updated: May 24, 2018
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION CAN BE COLLECTED?
- Certain personal information that you provide us such as your name, email, age, gender, social media profiles, PayPal information;
- Certain technical information such as your device information, your International mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), IP address or Android ID, Advertising ID or IDFA, usage information;
- Your location data (which is anonymous).
WHY IS THE INFORMATION BEING COLLECTED?
- Internal operations (data and traffic analysis, monitor and analyze use of the Services, resolve operational problems etc.;
- Creation of an account and use of the Services.
WHO IS THIS INFORMATION SHARED WITH?
- Employees, agents, contractors for internal operations; and
- Third-party services providers for provision of the Services.
CAN I WITHDRAW MY CONSENT FOR THE COLLECTION OF MY INFORMATION?
HOW TO CONTACT US REGARDING THE REVISION OR DELETION OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU OR YOUR CHILD OVER 13 YEARS OLD?
Data Protection Officer
509-11111 boul. Cavendish
Montreal (Quebec) H4R 2M8
Last updated : May 24, 2018
ACCEPTANCE AND APPLICATION
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, age, gender, social media profiles, PayPal information and other information you choose to provide.
To use the Services, you must first provide personal information that will allow you to be identified ("Personal Information"). This type of information will not be collected without your consent, and we expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purposes than those mentioned below without your consent. For certain portions of the Services, such as for the creation of an account, we shall collect Personal Information that you voluntarily upload or provide us through your use of the Services, such as your name, email, age, gender, social media profiles, PayPal information and device information such as your International mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), IP address or Android ID, Advertising ID or IDFA (together, the “ID”). Please note that, although the ID are not considered to be personal information in every jurisdictions, some jurisdiction (such as EU) consider that ID are personal information. We hence treat ID as personal information.
We may obtain Personal Information from other third parties regarding you, such as when you register with such a party to participate in one of such party’s services offered via such party’s website or mobile app, or through our Services. We may automatically import some of the Personal Information you provide to such third party into your account for the use of our Services, such as information on Facebook or Google.
The purposes of the collection of Personal Information are the following:
- Identifying Users;
- To provide, maintain, perform and improve the Services;
- To create your account, access the Services and receive your rewards;
- To perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Determine the preferences of the Users in order to recommend and choose new games specifically for the Users;
- To communicate with you or send you our newsletter or other communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions and news;
Additionally, Personal Information may be used and disclosed to the extent Mistplay may deem reasonably necessary to enforce the terms of any agreement between you and Mistplay, or to protect the rights, property or safety of any person or entity, or if required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Upon accessing and when using the Services, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected, such as :
- aggregated usage information;
- the session ID;
- the time and date you access the mobile app;
- the name and type of apps on your phone;
- the game achievements you unlock;
- device information and location data;
(together, the “Non-Personal Information”)
All Non-Personal Information collected will be anonymised and will not allow you to be personally identified. The purposes of the collection of Non-Personal Information are limited to the following:
- To examine our traffic;
- to review how the use of our Services;
- to monitor and analyze use of the Services;
- to monitor and analyze the statistics in order to get an accurate representation for technical administration;
- to increase our functionality and user-friendliness; and
- to better tailor our Services to our Users' needs.
In the event of any data breach that may result in a risk for the rights and freedoms of Users, Mistplay shall inform you within 72 hours of having become aware of such breach by email at the address you use to login and use the Services.
We restrict the use of our Services to individuals age 13 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under the age of 13.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
You may ask us whether or not Personal Information concerning you have been collected by Mistplay, and request access to such Personal Information, the purposes of such collection, the location where it is stored and how this information is being used. You may have access by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon reception of such request, Mistplay will send you, within a reasonable delay, this information in electronic readable format.Data Protection Officer
509-11111 boul. Cavendish Montreal (Quebec) H4R 2M8
In certain cases we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (ex: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another person).
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending a written request to email@example.com. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that by choosing to withdraw such consent, your personal information including any loyalty points that you have earned and not redeemed and your Mistplay user account will be deleted. This is not recommended if you simply want to pause from using the Mistplay Mobile Gaming platform. Please note that we will send you an email requesting your confirmation before we delete your account.
RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
You may at any time request that your Personal Information collected by Mistplay be deleted when you stop using the Services or upon the withdrawal of your consent to collect Personal Information. Mistplay undertakes to permanently delete such data within a reasonable delay upon reception of a written request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect, save and except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
- Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the rendering of our Services, with whom we may share the information we have collected. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ.
- Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information, User ratings and review of apps, and aggregated anonymized information with third parties, including but not limited to, for statistical, machine learning, advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
- Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets. However, under no circumstances will such transactions result in your information being used for other purposes than those for which you gave us your consent.
The Services have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Please note, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information or other information. You transmit Personal Information to us at your own risk.
EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites that you may click on or applications you may download when using our Services and we encourage you to read their privacy statements.